Saturday, February 6, 2010

Siu Mai (Minced Pork Parcels)

There are times when you long to eat something that reminds you of home...I mean a place where you are originally from. I am an Asian origin born and raise in Sarawak. Came from a little town in the central region of Borneo or Sarawak I am more of a traditional guy who has no limit in my taste for food...

Today I am thinking "Siu mai" ...spiced up minced pork wraps in wanton wraps. They are good for starters or light late night snacks. Easy to prepare and you can preserved them for days for later consumptions.

Ingredients
300g mince pork
200g prawn (peeled and chopped finely)
4 pieces water chestnuts (chopped finely)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp of sugar
1 tablespoon soya sauce
1 tablespoon chinese cooking wine
1 egg
1 1/2 tablespoon corn flour
20 pcs wanton skin

Cooking Methods
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl (except wantan skin). Let it rest for an hour. Put about 1 tablespoon of ingredients into each wanton skin, fold the edges, and place in a greased steaming rack. Steam for 15 - 20 minutes until cooked. Serve with sweet chili sauce. You can make these in batches, and freeze them for up to a month.







2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this recipe tonight - wish me luck! I hope it tastes like Open Air Sio Bi from Kuching, heheheheee. Btw my cuz Michelle Wong referred me to you. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again. Your recipe is absolutely AMAZING! I love it! I hope you don't mind I have reposted your recipe on my blog http://kimbasworldkitchen.blogspot.com with credits back to your blog of course. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete